THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM
Get Access Now!
Prima on Twitter
Best selling eGuides
1 - 5 of 11 Next »
Top eGuide pre-orders
1.1 Overview of the Northern Lands of Tamriel
Welcome to a massive guide to every location across the realm of Skyrim.
Since ancient times, the lands of Skyrim have been divided into nine separate Holds, and modern cartographers saw no reason to change this method of dividing the realm into manageable segments for you to reference.
Although Holds aren’t visible on your in-game maps, the borders between each Hold have been drawn along roads, rivers, and steep mountains so you can visualize where you are more easily.
Overview and Legend
This Atlas is divided into ten sections. The first nine reveal each of the Holds of Skyrim (Haafingar, Hjaalmarch, the Pale, Winterhold Hold, the Reach, Whiterun Hold, Eastmarch, Falkreath Hold, and the Rift), running from northwest to southeast.
A tenth chapter is dedicated to Other Realms (locations not shown on the world map, such as the Dragon Cult’s bastion of Skuldafn).
Each location within a Hold is split up into Primary Locations (which appear as Fast-Travel points on the world map once you locate them) and Secondary Locations (some of which appear on your local map)...
Whether this location is visited during a Quest. Due to the random nature of many Radiant Quests, Side Quests, and Favors, only Quests that specifically direct you to a location are listed.
This is the minimum Level your character should be at in order to enter the location and expect a good chance of survival. If the listed Level is significantly higher than yours, expect a tough or almost impossible challenge.
Habitation or Dungeon Type
This indicates what kind of location this is, and who is likely to be living there. Habitations are usually comprised of friendly folk, while Dungeons are usually hostile environments.
Hold Capital (Major)
One of the five major Capital Cities.
Hold Capital (Minor)
One of the four minor Capital Cities.
- Overview of the Northern Lands of Tamriel
- Haafinger: Overview and Services
- Haafinger Hold Capital: Solitude I
- Haafinger Hold Capital: Solitude II
- Haafinger Hold Capital: Solitude III
- Haafinger: Primary Locations
- Haafinger: Secondary Locations
- Hjaalmarch: Overview and Services
- Hjaalmarch: Hold Capital Morthal
- Hjaalmarch: Primary Locations
- Hjaalmarch: Secondary Locations
- The Pale: Overview and Services
- The Pale: Hold Capital Dawnstar
- The Pale: Primary Locations
- The Pale: Primary Locations II
- The Pale: Primary Locations III
- The Pale: Secondary Locations
- Winterhold: Overview and Services
- Winterhold: Hold Capital Winterhold
- Winterhold: Primary Locations
- Winterhold: Secondary Locations
- The Reach: Overview and Services
- The Reach: Hold Capital Markarth
- The Reach: Primary Locations
- The Reach: Secondary Locations
- Whiterun Hold: Overview and Services
- Whiterun Hold: Hold Capital Whiterun
- Whiterun Hold: Primary Locations
- Whiterun Hold: Secondary Locations
- Eastmarch: Overview and Services
- Eastmarch: Hold Capital Windhelm
- Eastmarch: Primary Locations
- Eastmarch: Secondary Locations
- Falkreath Hold: Overview and Services
- Falkreath Hold: Hold Capital Falkreath
- Falkreath Hold: Primary Locations
- Falkreath Hold: Secondary Locations
- The Rift: Overview and Services
- The Rift: Hold Capital Riften i
- The Rift: Hold Capital Riften ii
- The Rift: Hold Capital Riften iii
- The Rift: Primary Locations i
- The Rift: Primary Locations ii
- The Rift: Primary Locations iii
- The Rift: Secondary Locations
- Other Realms: Overview and Services
- Khajiit Caravans
- Azura's Star
- Blue Palace Pelagius Wing
- Japhet's Folly