In Apex Legends, finding and using weapon attachments is critical. They can radically change how a weapon performs, which could be the difference between becoming a Champion or being knocked out of the competition.
There are five gun attachment types in Apex Legends. They include the barrel, magazine, stock, optics, and hop-up mods. While the first four can attach to most guns, hip-ups mods are tailored to several specific weapons to drastically change the way they work.
As with most items in Apex Legends, weapon attachments are color coded. White are the most common attachments and offer slight performance boosts. Blue attachments provide moderate improvements. Purple will boost guns substantially but are very difficult to find.
Weapon Attachment: Magazine
You never want to be left vulnerable while busy reloading, so increased ammo capacity is a near must. There are two types of extended magazines in Apex Legends, geared for certain weapons.
- Extended Light Mag: Attaches to the R-301 Carbine, RE-45, P2020, Alternator, R-99, and G7 Scout.
- Extended Heavy Mag: Attaches to the Hemlok, Flatline, Spitfire, Wingman, Prowler, and Longbow.
Weapon Attachment: Stock
To win, you need to hit what you're aiming at. Stocks improve weapon handling and stability, which reduces recoil and aim drift. Like the magazine attachments, there are two types made for specific weapons.
- Standard Stock: Attaches to the Havoc, Hemlok, R-301 Carbine, Flatline, Devotion, Spitfire, Alternator, Prowler, and R-99.
- Sniper Stock: Attaches to the Longbow, Triple Take, and G7 Scout.
Weapon Attachment: Optic
More often than not, you’ll want to take out enemies from range. To increase your aim, you’ll need a powerful scope to spot opponents and rack up those headshots. Fortunately, there’s a wide variety of them to find in Apex Legends, but not all of them are easy to find.
These optic attachments attach to the RE-45, P2020, Wingman, Mozambique, Peacekeeper, EVA-8 Auto, Alternator, Prowler, R-99, Havoc, Hemlok, R-301 Carbine, Flatline, Devotion, Spitfire, Longbow, Triple Take, and G7 Scout.
- 1x HCOG "Classic" (White): Red dot sight, close range.
- 1x HOLO (White): Holo sight, close range.
- 2x HCOG "Bruiser" (Blue): Red arrow sight, close range.
- 1x-2x Variable HOLO (Blue): Red circle sight with two levels of zoom, close range.
These scopes attach to the Alternator, Prowler, R-99, Havoc, Hemlok, R-301 Carbine, Flatline, Devotion, Spitfire, Longbow, Triple Take, and G7 Scout.
- 3x HCOG "Ranger" (Purple): Red dot sight, mid-range.
- 2x-4x Variable AOG (Purple): Red dot sight with two levels of zoom, mid-range.
These sniper scopes attach to the G7 Scout, Triple Take, and Longbow.
- 6x Sniper (Blue): Sniper scope, long range.
- 4x-8x Variable Sniper (Purple): Sniper scope with two levels of zoom, mid-to-long range.
As stated previously, Hop-ups attach only to specific weapons to significantly change their functionality. But even if you do have a corresponding weapon, it’s good to keep any that you find because you never know when it’ll come in handy.
Here are the Hop-up mods, what they do, and the guns they attach to.
- Selectfire Receiver (Purple): Weapon gains additional firing mode. Attaches to Havoc and Prowler.
- Skullpiercer (Purple): Headshot damage is increased. Attaches to Wingman and Longbow.
- Precision Choke (Purple): Bullet spread is reduced. Attaches to Peacekeeper and Triple Take.
Gold Weapon Attachments
There’s a final tier for Weapon Attachments, and that’s the Gold level. These are extremely rare, so grab any that you happen to come across. The Optics are especially important because they will outline enemies in red. However, there’s only a small handful of these attachment types.
- Flash Hider (Barrel): Muzzle flash is reduced. Attaches to Hemlok, R-301 Carbine, Devotion, Spitfire, RE-45, Alternator, R-99, Longbow, and G7 Scout.
- 1x Digital Threat (Optic): Highlights enemies, close range. Attaches to the RE-45, P2020, Wingman, Mozambique, Peacekeeper, EVA-8 Auto, Alternator, Prowler, and R-99.
- 4x-10x Digital Sniper Threat (Optic): Highlights enemies, multiple zoom levels. Attaches to the Longbow, Triple Take, and G7 Scout.
- Turbocharger (Hop-up): Spin-up time for heavy weapons are reduced. Attaches to Havoc and Devotion.
It may take a while before you’re completely familiar with all the weapon attachments, but learning to quickly recognize them can give you an edge in combat. If you’re just getting started with Apex Legends, its worthwhile to familiarize yourself with each of the guns too.
Have fun, and good luck surviving!