If you want to 100% all three of the iconic games included in Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy, then you’re going to need to acquire all of the Color Gems in the Crash Bandicoot games. There are six total in the first game, with the second and third game totaling in at five apiece. Grabbing these Crash Bandicoot Color Gems is no small feat, though, and we’ve detailed what challenges you’ll need to complete in order to get the gems below.
How to Acquire all Color Gems
As mentioned above, acquiring all of the Color gems in the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy will be a tough endeavor. There are a myriad of challenges you must complete, though these challenges are much easier in the first game. We’ve detailed each of the challenges below, so take a look to see what you must accomplish to acquire those delightfully shiny Color Gems.
Getting all of the Color Gems in the first Crash Bandicoot game is the easiest, as you won’t have to complete any unique and pesky challenges. Instead, you’ll simply need to find and destroy all of the crates in the following list of levels, without dying. It’s no small feat to pull off, so good luck achieving it!
- Green Gem – Lost City (Found on Island 2)
- Orange Gem – Generator room (Found on Island 3)
- Blue Gem – Toxic Waste (Found on Island 3)
- Red Gem – Slippery Climb (Found on Island 3)
- Purple Gem – Lights Out (Found on Island 3)
- Yellow Gem – The Lab (Found on Island 3)
If you can pull off destroying all the boxes in the levels above, you’ll acquire all of the Color Gems in Crash Bandicoot.
Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
The second game is where things start to get trickier, and if you want to acquire all five of the Color Gems including in Cortex Strikes Back, you’re going to have to bring your “a-game” and complete the challenges that we’ve listed below.
- Blue Gem – Break no boxes at all on Turtle Woods.
- Red Gem – Complete the secret route using the secret portal from Air Crash on Snow Go.
- Green Gem – During The Eel Deal, complete the secret route behind the level’s hidden fake wall.
- Yellow Gem – Reach the end of Plant Food before the timer runs out to acquire this Color Gem.
- Purple Gem – The final Color Gem can be obtained by entering the secret route from fake Nitro in the level, Bee-Having.
Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped
Much like the second game, players will need to complete specific challenges to acquire all of the Color Gems in the third game, Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped. We’ve outlined the challenges below.
- Blue Gem – To obtain the first Color Gem in the third game, complete the Death Route in Tomb Wader. Look for the lift marked by a Skull and Crossbone to find it. You cannot access Death Routes if you have died.
- Red Gem – While playing through Deep Trouble, look for the box with an exclamation point on it at the end of the level. Break the box and you’ll unlock a secret course. Complete the secret course to acquire the Red Color Gem.
- Green Gem – The Green Color Gem can be obtained during The Flaming Passion. Reach the lift to the Death Route, and then look for the gem on the route. Collect it and complete the route to continue.
- Yellow Gem – This Color Gem can be found on Hang ‘Em High. Look for the secret area that opens to another room where you can collect 10 relics. Collect all the relics to get the Yellow Gem.
- Purple Gem – The final gem can be obtained by completing the Death Route in High Time.
Complete the challenges above and you’ll have found and collected all of the Color Gems in Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy. Clap yourself on the back, as this is no small feat to pull off!