Fortnite’s Week 7 Battle Pass challenges are here, and one of the challenges tasks players with searching for hidden gnomes in different named locations. While finding all gnome locations in Fortnite may have you scratching your head at first, this Week 7 challenge isn’t as tricky as it sounds. Follow this Fortnite gnome locations guide to learn how to search for gnomes in different named locations and find every hidden gnome location in Fortnite Battle Royale.
It’s important to note that completing this Week 7 challenge does not require building brick walls and hoping for gnomes to spawn, as some people have guessed. For this challenge, Epic has hidden gnomes all throughout Fortnite Battle Royale, and all you need to do is follow a few simple steps in order to find them.
How to Search for Hidden Gnomes in Named Locations
To complete this Week 7 challenge in Fortnite, players must locate seven hidden gnomes in different named locations throughout Fortnite Battle Royale. You don’t have to do this all in one match, but you do need to complete the match after finding a gnome for it to count towards your challenge progress. Like with all weekly challenges in Fortnite, players will need to have purchased the Battle Pass in order for the challenges to be available at all.
As the challenge description states, players must search for hidden gnomes within named locations in Fortnite. “Named locations,” simply means any major city or area that has a name written on the map.
To find the hidden gnome locations in Fortnite, you’ll want to limit your search to places that have clear names, such as Tilted Towers, Pleasant Park, or Lonely Lodge.
How to Find Hidden Gnomes in Fortnite
The trick to finding each hidden gnome location in Fortnite is to listen for a laughing sound. Once you have landed in a named location, listen carefully for the sound of laughter. When you hear laughing, try to follow it to its source.
As you get closer, the hidden gnome will begin laughing again. Keep following the laughs until you discover the gnome, which will usually be hidden very well. Search the gnome and complete the match to count it toward your challenge progress. After you search the gnome, it will disappear.
Fortnite Hidden Gnome Locations
Below we’ve listed several locations where we have found hidden gnomes in Fortnite Battle Royale. You only need to find seven gnomes for this challenge. This list may not be exhaustive of every hidden gnome location, but there are more than enough here for you to complete the hidden gnome challenge in Fortnite.
- Head underground in Shifty Shafts and look for a hidden gnome on the floor of the mineshaft behind a pillar.
- Find a hidden gnome in the corner of a hut in Lonely Lodge.
- Search the red garage in Pleasant Park to find another hidden gnome in Fortnite.
- In Retail Row, look for a hidden gnome in the electrical room along the east side of the town.
- Search the bottom floor of the house with the broken tree on it in Salty Springs and listen for a gnome under the stairs.
- Look for a gnome in the corner of a room next to the kitchen of the restaurant in Tomato Town.
- In the main building in Junk Junction, look for a hidden gnome in the corner of the sleeping area behind a desk.
- You can find a hidden gnome at the base of the tall building in the Haunted Hills cemetery.
- In the building in the northeast corner of Lucky Landing, there’s a gnome in the tub room on the first floor by the stairs.
- There's a gnome hidden behind a toilet in a colorful room inside Flush Factory.
Be cautious when searching for gnomes in Fortnite, as most of these locations are heavy populated, especially now that there’s a new challenge to complete. There’s a good chance you’ll encounter other players looking to either complete the challenge themselves or simply take you down, so stay alert and try not to linger in the area too long once you’ve found a hidden gnome in Fortnite.
Now that you know where to search for hidden gnomes in different named locations in Fortnite, you can mark off one of the challenges off your list this week. Head over to our Fortnite Battle Pass Weekly Challenge Guide to find out how to complete some of the other difficult weekly challenges, including following the treasure map in Retail Row to find treasure in Fortnite.
Make sure to keep an eye out for the new Fortnite Vending Machines as well, as these offer an easy way to get Epic or Legendary weapons and items in exchange for some excess building materials.