The gifting feature is back in Epic Games' Fortnite for a limited time, and for those that are looking to spread that cosmetic glory to friends - there's a few things you should know before getting started.
For those that don't know, the Gift Giving feature is pretty awesome for fans of the online game, given players a chance to share the wacky cosmetic items that the battle royale game is known for. It's a feature that has come and gone a few times since Epic Games first revealed to the community that they were implementing it, and it's usually available for a short period of time. Now that's it's back, here's how you can use it before it disappears again:
- Select "Buy As A Gift" and you'll be able to choose which friend you want to send the gift to. You can then add a custom message if you would like. After that, you're done! Your friend will receive a gift box with the item the next time they log in.
- Make sure you have Multi-factor authentication enabled on your account. If you're not sure how to get this setup then check out the instructions here.
- You must have been friends with somebody for at least 48 hours before you can send a gift to them.
- You will only be able to gift three times within a 24 hour period.
- Any gifts that are purchased are NOT refundable.
- You can only gift an item that is currently available in the Item Shop.
If the Gift Giving feature isn't your thing, there's also the option to disable the ability to receive gifts in your account settings as well. As for how long this feature will be available for this time, Epic didn't say, but if it's like previous periods -- it will be gone within the week so act fast!
As for the game itself, Fortnite is now available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, Nintendo Switch, iOS, and Android players.