The Lynx and Zenith skins are two new progressive outfits that players can unlock for purchasing the Fortnite Season 7 Battle Pass. As with progressive outfits from prior seasons, these two skins have multiple stages and can be upgraded by playing the game and leveling up throughout the season. We’ll explain how to get and upgrade both the Lynx and Zenith skins in Fortnite as well as how to unlock their different customizations so that you can hit the slopes in style.
Lynx Outfit Upgrades
The Lynx skin is a Tier 1 outfit that becomes available as soon as you purchase the Fortnite Season 7 Battle Pass, which costs 950 V-Bucks. Players will start out with the basic Lynx outfit, which features a female character dressed in a black bodysuit with a cat-eared hoodie. Lynx is a Legendary outfit and is part of the Lynx set in Fortnite. The Lynx challenges are available to players who have purchased the Season 7 Battle Pass.
As you play Fortnite Battle Royale and earn Season XP, you will unlock new upgrades for the Lynx skin that change the outfit’s overall appearance into a more robotic catsuit. You can equip and swap outfit pieces within the Locker menu.
The progressive challenges work a bit differently this time around, as there's an extra level to unlock for Lynx, and not all the outfit upgrades are available through XP milestones this season. To get every Lynx outfit upgrade, you'll need to complete a combination of Lynx Challenges as well as a specific number of weekly challenges to get all of the cosmetic upgrades for Lynx. Along with individual outfit parts, players can also unlock new colors for Lynx’s pickaxe, as well as a new dance emote.
Here are the requirements for unlocking all seven pieces of the Lynx outfit in Fortnite:
- Lynx Base Outfit - Purchase Season 7 Battle Pass
- Lynx Upgrade #1 - Earn 30,000 XP
- Lynx Upgrade #2 - Earn 125,000 XP
- Lynx Upgrade #3 - Earn 325,000 XP
- Lynx Upgrade #4 - Complete 15 Weekly Challenges
- Lynx Upgrade #5 - Complete 35 Weekly Challenges
- Lynx Upgrade #6 - Complete 55 Weekly Challenges
If you're looking to get matching pickaxes to go along with your catsuit, then you'll have to complete the Lynx Challenges as well. Here’s how each Lynx Challenge breaks down:
- Base Lynx Skin (Tier 1)
- Gain 10,000 XP (Pickaxe Color)
- Gain 30,000 XP (Outfit Upgrade)
- Gain 75,000 XP (Pickaxe Color)
- Gain 125,000 XP (Outfit Upgrade)
- Gain 175,000 XP (Pickaxe Color)
- Gain 225,000 XP (Dance Emote)
- Gain 275,000 XP (Pickaxe Color)
Zenith Outfit Upgrades
Alongside the Lynx skin, players will instantly unlock the base version of the Zenith outfit as well, which is the other progressive Tier 1 outfit for Fortnite Season 7. Zenith too has multiple styles and colors to unlock, just like the Lynx. Zenith is a Legendary outfit that can be upgraded to multiple styles and is part of the Zenith set.
Here are the requirements for unlocking all seven pieces of the Zenith outfit in Fortnite:
- Zenith Base Outfit - Purchase Season 7 Battle Pass
- Zenith Upgrade #1 - Earn 20,000 XP
- Zenith Upgrade #2 - Earn 100,000 XP
- Zenith Upgrade #3 - Earn 350,000 XP
- Zenith Upgrade #4 - Complete 10 Weekly Challenges
- Zenith Upgrade #5 - Complete 25 Weekly Challenges
- Zenith Upgrade #6 - Complete 45 Weekly Challenges
If you want Zenith's matching pickaxe and back bling, then you'll have to complete the Zenith Challenges. Here’s how to complete each Zenith Challenge:
- Base Zenith Skin (Tier 1)
- Gain 20,000 XP (Outfit Upgrade
- Gain 50,000 XP (Outfit Color)
- Gain 100,000 XP (Outfit Upgrade)
- Gain 150,000 XP (Outfit Color)
- Gain 200,000 XP (Back Bling)
- Gain 250,000 XP (Outfit Color)
- Gain 300,000 XP (Harvesting Tool)
To earn the necessary Season XP to upgrade the Lynx and Zenith skins in Fortnite, make sure to stay on top of the weekly challenges as they are revealed each week. Note that Season 7 will run for two weeks longer than usual, which will give you some extra time to unlock these unique outfits. We will have guides for the weekly Battle Pass challenges of Fortnite Season 7, so be sure to check back here to learn how to complete various challenges each week.