Little Nightmares is a horror puzzle game with an adventure game vibe that was released on April 28, 2017 for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. The game was developed by Tarsier Studios and published by Bandai Namco Entertainment. This Little Nightmares walkthrough and guide covers all five areas of the game, the Secrets of the Maw DLC, as well as the collectibles you can pick up along the way. In addition to the detailed Little Nightmwares written walkthrough linked below, we’ve also added a video walkthrough and Little Nightmares PC requirements at the bottom of this guide.
While Little Nightmares is a fairly simple game in the same vein as Limbo and Inside (although made by a different developer), there’s still a decent amount of strategy that goes into the title. Take a look at these tips below to help get you started as you dig into our Little Nightmares guide.
Little Nightmares Quick Tips
- Your lighter is the only source of light in dark areas, but it never runs out of fluid and enemies won’t spot your light, so don’t worry about overusing it.
- While lanterns aren’t checkpoints, you should consider them as such because the game saves every time you light a lantern or candle. Ignite your lighter and move close to a lantern or candle to ignite it.
- When you need to grab something, hold R2 (PS4) or RT (Xbox). This is especially helpful when jumping to platforms or other objects because you won’t automatically grab anything.
- Jumping while running is often faster than running alone. However, you will usually get tired after three or four jumps (or long periods of running) so keep that in mind when running from enemies.
- Break all the statues you come across as it’s one of the main collectibles in the game.
- Nomes will run when they first see you, but you will find them stationary eventually. Don’t worry too much if a Nome runs away. When you find them later on, make sure you grab it and give it a hug, as it's the other big collectible in the game.
- Occasionally you will stop and bend over as you fight off hunger. You may lose the ability to use your lighter or even run, but keep moving and you will find food in one way or another.
Little Nightmares Collectibles
Little Nightmares Statue Locations
Find all of the statues in Little Nightmares so you can break each and every one!
Little Nightmares Nome Locations
Find all of the Nomes in Little Nightmares so you can give each one a big hug!
Little Nightmares Achievements and Trophies
Find out how to get all of the achievements and trophies in Little Nightmares.
Little Nightmares Secrets of the Maw DLC
Little Nightmares DLC Walkthrough Part 1 - The Depths
We work through the first part of the Secrets of the Maw DLC, The Depths.
Little Nightmares Walkthrough (Main Game)
Little Nightmares Walkthrough Part 1 - The Prison
Make your way through the first area in Little Nightmares as you begin the game!
Little Nightmares Walkthrough Part 2 - The Lair
As you get further in the game, a new enemy presents itself to block your progress.
Little Nightmares Walkthrough Part 3 - The Kitchen
Avoid the chefs while you make your way through the twisted kitchen area in Little Nightmares.
Little Nightmares Walkthrough Part 4 - The Guest Area
As you start to near the end of Little Nightmares, have a gander at the guests to inhabit the ship.
Little Nightmares Walkthrough Part 5 - The Lady’s Quarters
Finish off Little Nightmares by taking down the geisha in The Lady’s Quarters.
Little Nightmares Ending and Story Explanation
Find out what’s going into the demented world of Little Nightmares.
Little Nightmares Video Walkthrough
Little Nightmares Video Walkthrough Part 1 - The Prison
Make your way through The Prison in part one of our Little Nightmares video walkthrough. You'll also find all Nomes and Statues in this area.
Little Nightmares Video Walkthrough Part 2 - The Lair
Journey through The Lair in part two of our Little Nightmares video walkthrough. You'll also find all Nomes and Statues in this area.
Little Nightmares Video Walkthrough Part 3 - The Kitchen
In part three of our Little Nightmares video walkthrough we take you through The Kitchen area. You'll also find all Nomes and Statues here as well.
Little Nightmares Video Walkthrough Part 4 - The Guest Area
We make our way through The Guest Area in part four of our Little Nightmares walkthrough. You'll also find all Nomes and Statues in this area.
Little Nightmares Video Walkthrough Part 5 - The Lady's Quarters
Complete Little Nightmares as we finish up part five of our video walkthrough with The Lady's Quarters, plus closing credits and the final scene. You'll also find all Statues in this area.
Little Nightmares Ending and Story Explained
This video covers the story and ending of Little Nightmares as we expand on the lore of the game. Spoiler Warning!
Little Nightmares DLC Video Walkthrough Part 1 - The Depths
Join us as work our way through the first part of the Secrets of the Maw DLC in this video walkthrough of The Depths.
Little Nightmares PC Requirements
Minimum System Requirements
- OS: 64-bit Windows 7
- CPU: Intel Core i3-2115C
- GPU: Nvidia GTX 460
- Memory: 4 GB
- Storage: 10 GB
- DirectX: 11
Recommended System Requirements
- OS: 64-bit
- CPU: Intel Core i7-860S
- GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660
- Memory: 8 GB
- Storage: 10 GB
- DirectX: 11