1. Custom Entrances – After seeing a few of the new entrances this season, I couldn’t wait to get the game in my hands to start going through so many of the great college traditions. The team at EA Tiburon did an excellent job capturing not just the mascots and traditions, but what it actually feels like to run onto a field on Saturdays.
2. 120+ Teams – NCAA Football 12 has so many different types of players and teams that it truly gives the game an authentic feel. You can choose the classical powerhouse teams or grab a unknown team and work them up the ranks. Finding a sleeper team to use and beat your friends with is just one thing that makes this game great. Did I mention all the uniforms?
3. Custom Conferences – Being able to maneuver the conferences to your heart’s content is one of the new addition to NCAA Football 12 this season. If you want to strip the Big East of its BCS bowl bid and give it to the SWC you can. Think Notre Dame should join big 12? You can do that too. You can now finally create the super conference of your dreams!
4. The Option – Running a successful option attack is one of the greatest feelings in college football. Knowing that you have the ability to carry the offense and pitch the ball at anytime gives you a great sense of power. However, you must use this power wisely as a poorly timed pitch can result in a fumble. If you can consistently make the right read, you will have a unique and devastating offense.
For a money option scheme, check out http://www.primafootball.com/
5. The Playbooks – Air Raid, Run N Shoot and the Pistol are all common tactics employed by some of the best college teams out there. While some pro teams run variations and concepts of these offenses, colleges teams run them in full effect. Learning how to use these styles can result in a tough offense which makes this game the most unique out there.
With all the different offensive styles in the game, make sure to know which attack benefits your team. You can purchase individual offensive schemes for each style at http://primafootball.com or get all 8 when you pick up the official guide!
6. Defense – With all of the crazy offensive styles out there, the team at EA knew they needed to give the defenders an upgrade. The overhauled zone defense system allows slower teams to keep up against elite talent. If you understand football, you can now play smash mouth football in NCAA Football 12! The defense now has all the tools to shut down the offense.
7. Road to Glory – The entire system received an overhaul this year. You can now play a full schedule in high school and even play on both sides of the ball! The amount of items you can now purchase is amazing and will add great depth to the mode. Coach Trust should add an authentic element to the experience and one mode you will want to fall back in love with!
8. Online Dynasty – There is nothing better then picking a team against 11 of your buddies and trying to bring them to the National Title game. When you play against that many user players, crazy moments await. Can you out recruit your best friend in hopes of landing a top tier player? Only time will tell!
9. The Talent – College football always has a vast array of players. Some guys get 99 speed but lack in other areas, are you a good enough coach to get them the ball in space to make a big play? Did your fourth string WR play QB in high school and now you have a special play for them? How can you use your second SS who has 95 hit power but only 45 catch? Combing your roster to find gems is what NCAA Football 12 is all about.
10. – Enhanced Tackling – The ability to wrap up the ball carrier is a new addition to the game this year. By removing suction, the tackle does not start until the players run into each other. This results in the most realistic feeling tackles to date and seemingly a new collision every time! This is something you will feel on every play.
11. The Glory – There are so many steps to choosing a low ranked team and starting to build a dynasty. First, you are excited to land even a three star recruit. Then you are pleased with getting your first bowl win even if you only finish 7-6. The next step is learning that your team was voted into the top 25, then the top 10. It may take years but you finally fight and claw your way to a bowl game that takes place after New Years! Achieving the overall number one ranking and raising the BCS championship trophy is always worth the wait, no matter how long it takes. Championship dynasties are forever.
12. That it’s finally here – Every year, football takes a quick break over the summer while fans wait and dream of the upcoming season. The release of NCAA Football 12 is always the sign the college football is back for the fall. I can never resist staying up until midnight to pick up the game and the guide. Football is finally in the air!
If you are serious about taking your game to the next level, learn advanced strategies, moving the ball consistently on offense and locking up in the 4th quarter on defense, pick up the NCAA Football 12 Official Strategy Guide from Prima Games – Preorder it here on the Prima Games site. You can also grab it when you pick up your game at midnight release! All major stores including Amazon, Gamestop, Walmart, Best Buy and Target will be carrying the guide!