Outlast 2 has finally arrived and players can step into the shoes of Blake Langermann and experience the horrors of the Arizona desert in a brand-new way. After their chopper crashes near a village of cultists, Blake and Lynn Langermann must try to escape the nightmare with their lives. This Outlast 2 walkthrough and guide is a hub for all of our Outlast 2 content, and we’ll be updating it constantly with new guides and walkthroughs.
Outlast 2 Tips
- Limit the use of your night vision and sound tracking. Both of these items use an extreme amount of battery power, and using them all the time will run your battery supply down quickly.
- When in doubt, hide. There are plenty of hiding places to make use of in Outlast 2, so make sure you use every single one of the them to your advantage and stick to the shadows.
- Watch out for sleeping cultists. Sometimes houses may seem friendly, but that doesn’t mean they are. Watch out for cultists sleeping in their beds, and be sure to always check rooms before opening the doors to them.
- Scavenge for batteries and bandages as often as possible. You never know when you’re going to need these items, so grab them just for the sake of having them. It never hurts to be prepared.
- Play with your camera up all the time. This will make it harder for you to miss recording areas. Just beware, you do move a little slower with the camera up, and it does block a little of your vision.
Outlast 2 Guides
Here you’ll find simple how-tos to help you along your journey.
How to Find Batteries
Learn how to find, use, and save your batteries in Outlast 2.
How to Find Bandages and Heal
Learn how to spot bandages in the wild and find out when you should heal.
How to Find All Recordings and Documents
Learn how to locate each and every recording and document in the game.
What does the ending mean? Has Blake really lost it?
How are the two games connected, is the baby real, and has Blake really lost his mind?
Outlast 2 Tips
Learn everything you need to know to survive and make it out of this nightmare alive.
Outlast 2 Walkthrough
This section of our guide will contain a complete in-depth walkthrough of Outlast 2 from start to finish. Pick a part and get started.
Outlast 2: Part 1
Crash land in Arizona, find the Prison Key, and then locate Lynn.
Outlast 2: Part 2
Meet Ethan and learn more about Jane Doe. Escape the cornfield and reach the farmstead.
Outlast 2: Part 3
Find a way through the barn and make your way to town.
Outlast 2: Part 4
Find the generator and restore power to the elevator.
Outlast 2: Part 5
Find out how to escape Temple Gate and reach the chapel.
Outlast 2: Part 6
Learn the location of the crank lever and how to escape the water mill.
Outlast 2: Part 7
Find out how to get the hook and solve the hanging man puzzle.
Outlast 2: Part 8
Learn how to escape the Scalled and find a way back towards the mines.
Outlast 2: Part 9
Learn how to escape the crucifix and make your way towards the mines.
Outlast 2: Part 10
Find out how to escape the casket and find the rope in Outlast 2.
Outlast 2: Part 11
Traverse the lake and enter the mines in Outlast 2.
Outlast 2: Part 12
Turn off the power switches and find Lynn in the final portion of our walkthrough.
We’ll be updating this guide constantly over the coming days, so check back often for more walkthroughs, how-tos, and tips to help you along your journey into madness. Outlast 2 will be available on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC on April 25.