The latest update for PUBG is now available and players on PC can start downloading it now to get access to a new vehicle, which is only available on Sanhok, as well as a new weapon that players can start using right away. We’ve detailed all of the patch notes below, so take a look to see what the changes are.
PC Update #20 Patch Notes
Quality of Life
- [LOADING SCREEN] Added a key guide to the loading screen tips
- [UI/UX #01] Targeted interactive objects are now more easily distinguishable by the highlighted outline
- [DEATH CAM REPORTING] Players can now report a player even if the deathcam’s target wasn’t shown properly
- [KILL FEED DISPLAY #01] You can now adjust your killfeed display options
- For war mode/observer screen, the amount is fixed to 5 lines
- You can adjust the normal killfeed results to show 5 to a maximum 10 lines
- [FIXED-PERSPECTIVE OPTION] Added TPP Aim Camera Position to options.
- [TEAMMATE REPORTING] You can now report teammates.
- [MIRAMAR FIX #04] Fixed an issue where a dead player’s loot box is sometimes buried in certain locations in Miramar.
- [ITEM MESH] Fixed an issue where items were difficult to distinguish from the floor in the police station in El Azahar on Miramar.
- [REPLAY #02] Fixed an issue in replays where a player appears to be in an unarmed state even though the character is armed with a weapon.
- [REPLAY #03] Fixed the issue where a character sometimes vaults the opposite direction while you’re time-jumping through a replay.
- [REPLAY #04] Fixed the issue where the bolt-action animation doesn’t always occur during replays.
- [REPLAY #05] Fixed the issue where certain sounds are not playing during replays.
- [CHARACTER MOVEMENT #04] Fixed the issue where a prone player is shown to be moving very fast while on a sloped area.
- [SPECTATING] Fixed an issue where when spectating a teammate, a teammate’s kill feed will be displayed in white instead of blue.
- [GETTING STUCK #02] Fixed an issue where characters can sometimes get stuck between a wall and vehicle while exiting the passenger seat when the vehicle is touching a wall.
- [LOOT EFFECTS] Fixed the issue where the looting sound and visual effects play, even though the item is not looted, if the character moves away while looting.
- [BLOOD EFFECTS] Fixed an issue where the blood effect sometimes shows up randomly when moving in replay
New Weapon: Beryl M762
- Added the Beryl M762, which is a new versatile Assault Rifle which spawns on Erangel, Miramar, and Sanhok.
- Beryl M762 uses 7.62mm ammunition and can load up to 30 rounds (40 with an extended magazine)
- The Beryl has upper and lower rails, allowing for scopes and a grip.
- It has lower per bullet damage than the AKM, but a higher firing rate, meaning higher DPS if you can control the kick.
New Sanhok-Exclusive Vehicle: Scooter
- Added a new two-seat vehicle, the Scooter, which is exclusive to Sanhok
- The scooter replaces motorbikes on Sanhok
- Compared to the current motorbike, the Scooter has lower speed and an increased turning circle, but the same HP.
- Added ‘TPP Aim Camera Position’ to options
- Reset to Right Shoulder (default setting)
- Camera will always be positioned above the character’s right shoulder
- Reset to Left Shoulder
- Camera will always be positioned above the character’s left shoulder
- Latest Peek Shoulder
- Camera position automatically moves to the direction you last leaned
- Latest Aim Shoulder
- Camera remains in the last ADS direction
- In this setting, the camera position won’t be changed by leaning while not in ADS or scoping
- [Right shoulder camera / Left shoulder camera]
- Added a key guide to the loading screen tips
- Targeted objects are now more easily distinguishable by the highlighted outline
- When a player is not in a group, the default team mode is set to Squad mode in the lobby
- After playing any other modes, the setting will be saved to the latest one.
- Improved the design of the map markers
- This is thanks to feedback that some players were confusing the previous marker design with the player icon
Anti-cheat & Reporting
- Added a report feedback system so players can receive an update when their reports have resulted in action.
- It will show the report description, player’s name and report status.
- Added the ability to report teammates in the team management window
- Added 2 new report options to the report window
- Players will now be able to access custom match settings, even if they are not the owner of the session
- Added two more custom game presets
- War mode
- Bomb kit (Dodgebomb): a game mode which only uses throwables
- VSS kit: a game mode which only uses the VSS
- Decreased the minimum required players for starting a custom match from 10 to 8
Skin & Items
- PGI Team Hoodies sale has been extended.
- Sale of these items will end on Aug 21 at 7pm PDT / Aug 22 4am CEST / Aug 22 11am KST
- Fixed an issue where tooltips for the stun grenade did not accurately reflect its in-game effects
- Fixed an issue where characters were seen moving fast while prone when moving on slopes a certain way
- Fixed an issue in replays where a character appears to be unarmed even though the character is armed
- Fixed the issue where a character sometimes vaults the opposite direction while you’re time-jumping through a replay
- Fixed the issue where the bolt-action animation doesn’t always occur during replays
- Fixed the issue where certain sounds were not playing during replays
- Fixed an issue where a dead player’s loot box is sometimes buried in certain locations in Miramar
- Fixed an issue where item mesh is sometimes difficult to distinguish from the floor in the police station in El Azahar in Miramar
- Fixed an issue where characters can sometimes get stuck between the wall and vehicle while leaving the passenger seat when the vehicle is touching a wall
- Fixed an issue where the blood effect sometimes shows up randomly when moving in replay
- Fixed an issue where players could see through a wall when using Painkiller, Energy Drink, Adrenaline Syringe, Medical Kit close to the wall.
That’s the full list of all the changes that players can expect to see in PUBG’s Update #20. Download the update now and get started checking out the new vehicles and weapons. You can also check out our other PUBG guides for more in-depth strategy information.