During the Splatoon 2 World Championship today, it was revealed that the highly anticipated Octo Expansion is getting a surprise release on Wednesday, June 13. The Octo Expansion DLC will be available in the Nintendo eShop for a retail price of $19.99, making it the first paid expansion for Splatoon 2.
Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion is a new single-player adventure where players get to play as an Octoling for the very first time, even in multiplayer. The DLC includes 80 new missions starring Agent 8, an Octoling who has lost her memory. It’s up to the player to help Agent 8 escape from the depths of the subway and reach the surface of Inkopolis.
Here’s what to expect from the Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion, according to Nintendo:
- Play as an Octoling who's lost her memory in a new single-player adventure spanning 80 missions.
- Navigate an underground facility to reach the surface of Inkopolis.
- Take on a variety of mission types packed with new challenges you won't find in the main game.
- Complete the campaign to unlock Octolings (Girl or Boy) as playable characters in multiplayer* battles.
- Unravel mysteries hidden below Inkopolis with Pearl, Marina, & Cap'n Cuttlefish.
In addition to the release of the new Octo Expansion, fans can also look forward to a new Splatoon 2 Octoling Amiibo 3-Pack, which are expected to release sometime in 2018.
Completing the Octo Expansion DLC will unlock playable Octolings for multiplayer as well as new in-game gear. The Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion DLC will release on June 13 in the US and June 14 in the UK.