Super Mario Run is a runner game. This means that Mario will constantly run from one side of the screen to the other, similar to other runner games like Temple Run. Along the way players will need to collect coins, take down Goombas, Koopa Troops, and even face off against famous Mario bosses. The game will feature three different modes, World Tour, Toad Rally, and Kingdom Builder. In this article we will offer several Super Mario Run tips for each mode, as well as offer up some tips to help you survive the runner and become a better player in Super Mario Run.
Tips for World Tour
World Tour works very similarly to a regular Mario game. Players will complete different levels, eventually making their way to a castle level with a boss at the end. Speed and skill both play an important part in this mode, and you’ll want to be mindful of how many times you die, as you’ll only have a certain amount of respawns before you have to start over.
- Be mindful of the level around you. Take your time, and use Pause Blocks to take a good look at the level before you.
- Ignore the timer unless it drops too low. Most of the time the timer won’t be an issue, so just focus on progressing and collecting more coins.
- Pink Coins stay in the same area unless you happen to get all five of them, at which point they reset. Don’t worry if you miss any. Just replay the level until you can grab all five of them.
- Grabbing all five Pink coins will reward you handsomely with Toad Rally Tickets. You’ll need these to participate in the Toad Rally and get more Toads to move to your kingdom.
- You can see which way Mario will leave a Pause block by paying attention to the arrow that appears on it. Flat forward facing arrows mean Mario will roll off the block, while forward facing diagonal arrows mean that he will jump off it.
Tips for Toad Rally
While World Tour follows a more natural Super Mario approach, Toad Rally goes in a bit of a different direction. Taking pieces from the World Tour levels that you’ve beaten, Toad Rally creates an ever ending array of levels to challenge you and a friend of your choosing. Speed isn’t of the essence here, as collection coins and doing cool moves are your primary priorities in Toad Rally.
- The more Toads you attract, the more you can grow your Kingdom and ensure your victory over your opponents.
- Don’t focus on being the fastest. Instead, focus on grabbing as many coins as possible.
- You should also try to take out enemies and perform twists and turns in the air by tapping the screen after jumping. This will score you additional Toads.
- The more coins and Toads you have, the more likely you are to win. Ignore your opponent and focus on collection coins and doing cool tricks.
Tips for Kingdom Builder
Building your Kingdom up is pretty simple. All you need to do is complete levels and races in World Tour and Toad Rally. Then, take the coins that you earn, and unlock new buildings and place them where you’d like them to be.
- There are some buildings that offer special bonus games that can help you earn more Toad Rally Tickets and coins.
- Unlock more buildings by completing the main game.
- You automatically get a free Coin Block for your Kingdom when you purchase the full version of Super Mario Run.
- Purchasing the full version of Super Mario Run will grant you 3,000 coins to spend on upgrades and buildings.
- Make sure to save room for your character houses, otherwise you won’t be able to unlock new characters like Luigi, Toadette, and Yoshi. Learn how to unlock every character in Super Mario Run by taking a gander at our guide.
That’s all the tips we have for you right now. We’ll be sure to update this article with any additional tips we may come up with during our journey through Super Mario Run. Make sure to check out our in-depth Super Mario Run guide for more details and information about the game. Super Mario Run is only available on iOS devices, but Nintendo plans to release the game on Android platforms sometime next year.