The NPD results for March are in and it was a close race. The top-selling game of the month was Titanfall for the Xbox One and PC. Microsoft's killer title was not only the top-selling game of the month, it has also become the second-highest selling game for the Xbox One to date. Fairly impressive for less than one month of sales.
Sony held on to top honors of its own as it secured the best-selling console of March with the PlayStation 4. While many had assumed Microsoft would take the crown with a boost to Xbox One sales thanks to the release of Titanfall, the $100 price difference still allowed Sony to come out on top. The Xbox One was still able to sell over 300,000 consoles during the month of March to land as the second-best selling console. The full software chart is below.
- Titanfall (XBO, PC)**
- inFAMOUS Second Son (PS4)**
- South Park: The Stick Of Truth (360, PS3, PC)**
- Call Of Duty: Ghosts (360, PS4, PS3, XBO, NWU, PC)**
- Dark Souls II (PS3, 360)**
- Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS4, XBO, PS3, 360)
- NBA 2K14 (360, PS4, PS3, XBO, PC)**
- Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (PS3, PSV)
- The LEGO Movie Videogame (360, PS3, 3DS, NWU, XBO, PS4, PSV)
- Minecraft (360)
**(includes CE, GOTY editions, bundles, etc. but not those bundled with hardware)