Civilization 5 has been patched and added to Steam Workshop, publisher 2K Games has announced.
Steam Workshop is a huge mod database that allows users to track, rate and comment on mods. It’s possible to subscribe to mods, with access available from an in-game menu or Steam Workshop itself. There’s the option to create mod collections, which can be shared with friends.
Jason Holtman, head of business development over at Valve commented on the addition with the following: "Civilization 5 is a fantastic addition to the Steam Workshop. We hope that the Steam Workshop will provide another avenue for the many talented Civ 5 mod creators to have their work seen and played by millions of Civ 5 fans."
If you’re after even more content for the game, the official expansion pack Civilization 5: Gods & Kings arrives on June 15th.
The full changes included with the current patch are listed below:
- Steam Workshop enabled.
- DLL swapping is now possible in-game.
- Updated mod browser to utilize Steam Workshop.
- Font Icons are now moddable.
- Unit art is now fully moddable.
- Mods are now activated the moment you click "Next" on the mods browser rather than when you click "Single Player."
[ADVISORS & TUTORIALS]
- Improved the queuing and prioritization of advisor pop-ups.
- Unique advisor portraits per era now show up for the advisor counsel screens and advisor info screens.
- Adjusted advisor levels down a bit so that experienced users won't see so many tutorials.
- Fixed several issues with the Tutorials.
- When selecting "Learn as you play," all tutorial messages are now enabled despite having your options set to "No Advisors."
- When switching players in hotseat, have the new players existing notifications rebroadcast to them. This allows the player to see non-expired notifications such as deal proposals.
- Fix Diplomacy Deals in Hotseat.
- Add a few multiplayer error messages to let the player know what went wrong (disconnects, gets booted, etc.).
- Add invite button to in-game view. (This brings up the Steam Invite list, which is different from the Shift-TAB overlay).
- Main Menu now contains an option to activate/deactivate specific DLCs.
- Quick combat and Quick Movement options are now part of the Options menu and can be changed during gameplay.
- Options menu now contains "Skip intro video."
- New Loading screens have been implemented.
- Diplomacy: Disabled modifiers for trying to win the same way.
- Diplomacy: Layout changes to diplo modifiers for better readability and more information.
- Mods and DLC used in a game are now stored in the Hall of Fame database (Only games which match currently active DLC are displayed in the Hall of Fame).
- The "Time Spent" message now displays in the saved replays.
- Load Replay Menu now defaults to "Sort by Last Modified."
- Added a "Retire" button to the game menu.
- In some cases, previous saves may not work correctly after updating.
- Several text bugs fixed (in all languages).
- Prevent escape from being used when a leader requests a luxury resource from you.
- Social policies may not be unlocked unless the player has founded at least 1 city.