It’s been roughly about a decade since we were first introduced to Sega’s Phantasy Star Online for the Dreamcast, an awesome role-playing experience that introduced, at the time, dynamic online play where users could connect with each other in a free-flowing universe. Sooo…what happened to that series, anyway?
It’s apparently been cooking a new chapter. Sega has just announced that it will be releasing the long-awaited Phantasy Star Online 2 for PC in both North America and Europe in 2013. “Phantasy Star Online was a revolutionary game when it was released, and we want to make sure that its successor in the series is every bit as ambitious,” said VP of Sega digital business, Chris Olson.
The game includes the following features…
- Deep sci-fi fantasy universe filled with lush landscapes, extraordinary creatures, and epic adventures
- Revolutionary real-time combat and third-person action with devastating combos and counters to master
- Flexible, class-based leveling system that lets players define their own play-style with distinctive melee, ranged, and magic weapon types
- Randomized maps and unexpected mid-quest encounters that ensure each quest is different for each player
- Deep character creation system with a nearly limitless number of potential appearances
- Three degrees of humanity to experience across three unique races: the versatile Humans, spiritually powered Newmen, and artificial CAST
Look for a preview on the game soon!