Yooka-Laylee has finally arrived, bringing the joy of N64 era platformers back to life. Built with the inspiration of games like Banjo-Kazooie, Yooka-Laylee is a love letter to fans of the platformers that made our childhoods so enjoyable, and Playtonic has done a good job of bringing that joy back to the living room. This guide will act as a hub for all of our Yooka-Laylee PC requirements and content, which will include collectible guides, detailed location information, and even tips and strategies to help you complete each fight, puzzle, or event.
Yooka-Laylee Quick Tips
- Collect every Quill you can. You’re going to need to purchase all of Trowzer’s powers if you want to complete the game and find every Pagie, so don’t miss out on any, and make sure you grab any Pagie you can.
- Prioritize moves for each world, and never leave a world until you’ve collected them all. You never know when you might need a power, so make sure you’re prepared by buying them all before continuing the story.
- Stumped? Can’t get past a section? Try thinking outside the box. Yooka-Laylee is built like puzzle platformers of the N64 era, which means the solutions to the problems won’t always be right there in plain sight. Alternatively, maybe you’re thinking too hard. Try something simple, as sometimes the solution is the easiest possible answer.
- Collect every Pagie you can before moving on to new worlds. Some Pagies will require moves you don’t have yet, so come back them when you get a move that feels like it should work in that situation.
- Expand before unlocking. Players can expand each of the game’s five worlds one time. We’d suggest expanding each world before you unlock new worlds, as this will keep you from getting too lost when you revisit those worlds to acquire new Pagies you couldn’t unlock before.
Here you’ll find an assortment of Yooka-Laylee guides including how to find every Pagie in the game, all the Ghost Writer locations, and more.
How to Beat Nimble the Cloud
Find out how to win the race against Nimble the cloud.
How to Find All the Play Coins
Learn the locations of all five of Rextro's Play Coins.
How to Find Every Mollycool
Change your form by finding every Mollycool in Yooka-Laylee.
How to Complete the Shovel Knight Quest
Discover how to find and complete the Shovel Knight easter egg quest.
How to Help Blasto the Canon
Blasto has something stuck in his throat. Here's how to help him get it out!
How to free the Pagie in the Cagie in Hivory Towers
This Pagie in a cagie has a riddle you'll need to solve!
How to Find Every Butterfly Booster
Increase your health by finding the locations of these six Butterfly Boosters!
How to Save
Learn how to save in Yooka-Laylee.
How to Defeat the Great Rampo
Learn how to take down one of the first bosses you meet in Yooka-Laylee.
How to Find the Toybox Secret
Discover this hidden secret in the final version of Yooka-Laylee.
What is Exclusive Mode? How to Increase FPS
Learn how to increase your FPS and use Exclusive Mode.
Where to Find Trowzer
Find out where Trowzer is hiding in each of Yooka-Laylee's five worlds.
Yooka-Laylee PC Requirements
Yooka-Laylee is also available on Xbox One and PlayStation 4, but players who want to enjoy the game on their Windows PC should take a look at the requirements below to see how their system stacks up.
- OS: Windows 7 (64bit)
- Processor: Intel i5-2500 3.3GHz
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVidia GTS450 / AMD Radeon 6850HD
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 9 GB available space
- Sound Card: Windows Compatible Card
- Additional Notes: A Controller is STRONGLY recommended to play this game.
There were no recommended specifications released, so players should go by the information above when determining whether their PC is up to running Yooka-Laylee. Alternatively, it has been revealed that both the Xbox One and PS4 version of the game will run at 1080P at 30FPS.
We’ll be updating this guide constantly with new guides, so be sure to check back each and every day for more help on your adventure through the world of Yooka-Laylee.